Do You Need a Safety Monitoring System?
Take Our Quiz
Research has shown that falls are a major cause of injuries and hospitalizations for older adults. Also, the number and severity of falls increases as people age. Find out if it is the right time to purchase a Safety Monitoring System for yourself, a loved one, or someone you care for. It takes just a few minutes to complete our online quiz.
- Have you stumbled, been dizzy or fallen during the past year?
- Have you been hospitalized or been to the emergency room in the past year?
- Do you have any of these chronic ailments: heart disease, stroke, COPD,
osteoporosis, diabetes, or arthritis?
- Do you take any medications that may cause dizziness or drowsiness?
- Do you use a cane, walker, wheelchair, stair climber, or other assistive
device to help with balance or walking?
- Do you require assistance with at least one of the following activities; bathing, dressing, or meal prep?
- Are you alone for several hours a day?
- Is it important for you to continue to live independently?
- Would the ability to get immediate help with one push of a button help you or your family feel more comfortable about you continuing to live independently?
How urgent is your need for an Emergency Response USA Safety Monitoring System?
Count the # of Yes
0 - 1 LIMITED NEED: A Safety Monitoring System might not be required immediately. However, you should be reevaluated as time goes on or if/when your needs change.
2 - 3 MODERATE NEED: Hospitals, doctors, nurses, and professional caregivers might advise you to consider a Safety Monitoring System.
4 - 6 ELEVATED NEED: A Safety Monitoring System is likely to be highly recommended by hospitals, doctors, nurses, and professional caregivers in this situation.
7 - 9 URGENT NEED: A Safety Monitoring System is likely to be recommended with some urgency by hospitals, doctors, nurses, and professional caregivers in this situation.